- Check out Sarelli's if you haven't done so yet. Sarelli's is the first business open in the Nevada building since Hosea bought the property. The outside looks great as the storefront to the left of Sarelli's has been updated and is ready for another tennant. I have heard good things about Sarelli's food and they have wi-fi for those who want to get a few things done away from the home office - you will need to get the password from the counter.
- The Midway streetscape work begins next month so start looking for additional changes in the Midway.
- The Newport Pavilion now has more structures going up to the north of the Kroger building. On top of that the progress on the Kroger building is continuing nicely and will surely be a great addition to the area.
- Despite the good news on the progress the Business Courier reported even more problems with Bear Creek's Kenwood development and additional liens on the property now totaling $12 million. There is still nothing in regards to liens on the Newport development but to add insult to injury Bear Creek also lost a key component of their management team to Neyer.
- The Business Courier is also reporting that the Target on the site has been delayed until 2010. This doesn't appear to be a casualty of the economy rather the inability to prepare the site fully for Target to begin their work.
- Lastly, if you haven't seen the park on the corner of Southgate and Memorial Parkway the replacement of the retaining wall with an iron gate looks great. Kudos to the park board and the city for this small change.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Fort Thomas Development Updates
A few updates on some development related events in the Fort Thomas area: