Beyond the surprising reversal in rankings a few other surprises on the list:
- The narrative describing Fort Thomas focuses on the military aspect and the newly created Fort Thomas Military and Community Museum. Of all the things they would choose to highlight I am surprised that they picked this one.
- I am also surprised by the number of homes sold (one of the key aspects of the housing scoring) compared to the other communities on the list. Fort Thomas registered 183 sales and was third on the top 20 behind only Mason and Liberty Township.
- Possibly the most eye popping stat was the 5 year change in median home price which increased over 15% compared to a 4 year increase in the last ranking of 8%
- The safety ranking slipped 3 more spots to 23rd on the list
- Education obviously helped Fort Thomas climb up the rankings as they went from outside the top 10 and is now ranked 6th