I received this in the mail today - much like when Kroger opened - Target is blanketing the area with special deals leading up to the 'official' grand opening (for those not Mark Collier or the Mayor of Newport).
Now to the updates:
1. Frisch's announced that they are buying the old Perkin's building at the corner of 471 and 27. Their plans include tearing it down and building a new building that includes a drive thru. The proximity of this new store is less than a half mile from the existing store in Fort Thomas. While they have not said they are closing the store they left the door open by not denying the store would close. But lets be honest - they don't need two stores that close together.
2. A few notes on Fort Thomas Matters:
- We have switched email newsletter providers and will now only be sending update emails on Monday and Thursday of each week. You can still sign up for the email newsletter in the upper right corner of the page by entering your email address.
- If you want to know as soon as we post a new story the best way to know is by following our twitter account - @murriner
- We also now have a Fort Thomas Matters Facebook page. You can 'like' our page by clicking the Facebook badge on the right-hand side of the page. Go ahead and like us - when we reach 250 followers (we got 43 in less than 48 hours) we will give away a $25 gift certificate to a Fort Thomas business.