A few observations from around town the past couple weeks:
1. Mio's may very well be back on. Heard rumors that financing was finally completed. However, the sign is still up and I have still had no confirmation from the prospective owner.
2. Anyone seen the new deck on the back of the Highlands Country Club? It is a nice added touch that is expansive and looks out over the fairways. Hosea had formed a partnership with the club to host weddings and I assume this must be fruit from that investment. I say that because this economy has to be tough on a private club like HCC but it could just be overall updates that have been long overdue from a very dated building.
3. Anyone else disappointed that Graeters hasn't opened yet? They are really missing out on this amazing hot summer season and they have to be kicking themselves for taking so long. Despite the long wait, I heard that they are doing a major upgrade of more than the physical building but also the menu that includes not just baked goods but possibly even deli sandwiches.... so stay tuned
4. Anyone else notice that finally one of the three homes that have been trashed over the past several years near the corner of Highland and Mayfield Avenues is finally getting an owner and some tender loving care? I think I have litterally watched them fill up 4 major Rumpke trash bins decluttering the home and it appears they are about to put a fresh coat of paint on it - now if we can just get the other homes in good condition as well.
5. Finally, what the heck is going on at Convenient in the middle of town? New ownership hasn't exactly been kind to this place. The isles are all chopped up and it looks like a maze in there. What is wrong with straight organized isles? While the food options may have shrunk the lottery options have exploded. I know they are trying to wring profits out of the place but this is not the mix of products that will have me stopping in more often.