Here are some links for the best damme day of the week.
- Final word on Mark vs. Food II. We raised $750 for the second event, which puts us around $1000 through two events. With about 8 more to go on the year, it looks like our goal of $5000 for The Brighton Center is in reach. Special thanks to Omega Processing and Tom + Chee.
Also, set your DVRs to FOX 19 Monday morning for Cincinnality's teaser clip for the reality show about Tom + Chee. The clip isn't going to be too long, but hopefully you'll get to see a glimpse of the FTM braintrust.
- Cincinnati.com is going to a pay site! This is huge news and illustrates the fact that media is changing and evolving. We have been on this developing trend for a while and goes to show how sites like Fort Thomas Matters are truly the future on how people will get their news. On the internet. For free. And as fast as the news happens.
- A Mexican restaurant, called Anita's, will be moving into the old Fort Thomas Frisch's building. Via Jeff McKinney: Fort Thomas officials worked with a Realtor representing Frisch’s to find a buyer for the property, which has an assessed value of $360,000.
- A few reminders about some local fundraisers.
- The HHS soccer team is having it's mulch sale. As an HHS soccer alum, this is something that is near and dear to my heart as the bulk of the proceeds will be going to the field turf which will be installed at Tower Park. As a senior in July of 2000, my teammates and I actually laid the Bermuda sod playing surface that is used to this day. Buy some mulch (which doesn't have delivery fee unlike their competitors) to give my man, Bud Leftin a break.
- The Highlands Band Association is having their Texas Holdem fundraiser tomorrow. Get out there and support them. Their flyer is below.