- First I'd like to officially welcome G. Michael Graham into the Fort Thomas Matters fold. In an effort to provide you a myriad of journalistic endeavors, we've been carefully adding arrows to our writing quiver. Michael, who has a Journalism degree, and is one of our most accomplished writers professionally, will be covering sports for us. He just moved to the area and already seems to "get" what Fort Thomas is all about.
If you haven't already read his Highlands preview, which was posted earlier Thursday, please do so. It's the most in depth I've read in a while.
He'll be covering the most anticipated practice in recent Highlands history tonight, when Highlands takes on Louisville Trinity.
- A few news openings here in Fort Thomas. Fort Thomas Coffee opened yesterday in the old Three French Hens location at 118 N. Fort Thomas Ave. Stephanie Class went on opening day and should have a review up shortly.
Anita's Mexican Restaurant is opening Monday, August 13th at the old Frisch's location on Alexandria Pike. Fort Thomas Matters wishes both businesses nothing but the best. We cheer for our own and are happy to bring them both into our community. Send us your reviews/thoughts when you get a chance to try them out.
- D.E.P.'s Fine Wine and Spirits, which is currently in the Ft. Thomas Plaza (next to one of our sponsors Ft. Thomas Jewelers) will be moving out near the end of October. They will be renovating and moving to the old Moore's Hardware location on US 27 in Fort Thomas.
They are currently renting in the plaza and will be buying their new location, which will be much bigger. As their store sits now, they have 3,500 different liquor/beer/wine labels in house. Their new location will allow them to carry over 5,000.
- See you at Mio's tomorrow! Mark vs. Food, episode 5 with Tricia Macke. Part of your dinner proceeds goes directly to help The Brighton Center.
- I've got some thoughts on the Andrea Conners sentencing, but I don't want the comments to take this post over. I'll post those on Monday.