In this installment of “5 Things to Know” I reached out to Shari Lother and her full service hair and nail salon, Shari’s on the Avenue. Shari has been in the hair business for 26 years. Shari and the wonderful ladies at the salon provide personalized professional service that leaves every customer leaving the salon feeling confident and refreshed. Of those 26 years Shari has owned her own salon for 17 years, and with such a successful business right in the middle of town Shari’s on the Avenue was the perfect business to feature!
1. Shari's on the Avenue is a full service hair and nail salon and has been in business for 17 years in Fort Thomas.
2. Shari's on the Avenue has 14 experienced stylists each with their own unique style. Two of Shari's newest stylists are Highlands graduates - Bethany Huenefeld and Molly Thompson Hardin.
3. Shari is married to Johnny Lother of Lother's Catering. Shari's in located at 48 N Fort Thomas Avenue, and in an ironic circle of fact this is the same location that housed Lother's Meats for years!
4. The Kentucky Board of Hairdressers and Cosmetologists only requires that hairdressers continue their education by completing online hours each year. Shari's stylists go a step further and have in-salon, hands on training from Redken professionals. They also attend bi-annual hair shows to keep up with the latest trends.
5. Shari's is a hair salon for the entire family. Clients range from 8 months to 97 years old! Both male and female!
The stylists at Shari’s on the Avenue are experienced in what they do. They only want their clients to look great and feel even better. The salon’s website can be found here. To set up an appointment just call 781-3331.
Who would you like to see featured in our next “5 Things to Know” installment? Let us know in the comments below or leave a suggestion on our Facebook page.