Friday, April 26, 2013
Van Damme It's Friday: Fort Thomas Fun Fact Edition
There will actually be 2 posts today. This is FortThomasMatters.com's 999th post, which inevitably leads to a big milestone in our website's history: the 1000th post.
We've been holding back BIG NEWS for this milestone post, which has almost leapt out of me more than a few times.
Post 1000 will publish at noon today. I promise it'll be a good one. Onto this week's Van Damme It's Friday Links. I perused a few of the annual reports put out by city officials over the last few weeks. Here are some interesting tidbits from those reports:
- Fort Thomas was recognized as a Tree City USA Community for the 21st year.
- The following represents figures for new home construction during the previous 8 years:
Year # of New Homes Construction Costs
2005 7 $2,952,000
2006 12 $4,714,650
2007 19 $6,651,676
2008 7 $3,641,965
2009 10 $3,403,266
2010 21 $6,368,196
2011 14 $3,791,360
2012 18 $6,484,837
- Total Valuation of all 2012 Building Permits: $9,511,906
- The Armory Room Rental had 103 paid rentals, which was a new record.
- The Midway Farmer's Market is now in its 5th year. In its 1st year at Fort Thomas Plaza, the Farmers' Market vendors said that, "They sold more at this market than (at) Findley, Covington or Independence."
- The Merchants & Music Festival tripled the number of vendors and the amount of sponsorship dollars. Here are some figures from the festival:
Total Cost: $53,695.82
LIFT Grant: $2,000
Beer Sales: $4,250
ACTUAL COST: $16,170.82 ($8,829.18 UNDER BUDGET)