Van DAMME It's Friday!
- I'm sure you parents that have kids back in school are praising Fort Thomas Independent Schools for scheduling a 3-day week to get the hectic new routines under control. Incognito Van Damme agrees. Lots of things to look forward to this weekend!
FTMRadio will be at Fort Thomas Central tomorrow at 1:00-2:30 for the 2013 Highlands Football Kickoff Tailgate. We'll be there, live podcasting and Barb Thomas at Fort Thomas Central will have Free eats, Sips & Dips and Music, with a 10% Bluebird discount.
Stop in before you head to the game! GO BIRDS!
- Could you use $2,500? Well if you can't, stop reading. Everyone still here? Good. Lead site sponsor, Jeff Ruby and Jeff Ruby Culinary Entertainment has a contest going to give away $2,500 to one lucky person who exhibits a creative way to utilize their #JeffRuby carry out bag. See details below.
- A "Random Act of Art" broke out on North Fort Thomas Ave this past week in front of Johnson Elementary . I had not actually been aware of these random acts of art, but it's a kind of a really neat thing.
Has anyone else seen any of these scenes, like the one below, around Fort Thomas? I like these much better than the vandalism happening on the South end of town.
- Fort Thomas Jewelers began moving into their new digs this week. I went Wednesday, and they were in "move-in-and-put-furniture-together" mode. I did not stay long because I abhor putting furniture together and if they asked, I would have had to help. So I left. But I did get a few pictures.
They are on Alexandria Way (formerly Alexandria Pike) across from Applebees. When their brand new location is opened, they'll be opening with a City Barbecue and Sprint stores as their neighbors. Although they will be in Cold Spring, I think it's really cool they kept the name "Fort Thomas Jewelers."
Give them about a week, then go see Vince and Renai. It's going to blow you away.
- Longtime reader and Fort Thomas resident, Randy Adams, is coordinating a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University at Highland United Methodist Church in Fort Thomas this fall.
The course is nine weeks and begins on September 9. Free child care is available. Meeting will be on Mondays at 6:30 pm. For more information, or to register go to: