Christ Church is hosting a show featuring talented singers and a local comedian.
Christ Church will be the place to be on Saturday February 15, as they will host the first ever “Comedy and Cabaret” show.
Singers will perform songs from shows like Oklahoma, Spring Awakening, Shrek the Musical, Phantom of the Opera and many more.
This group put on a show last year that was organized by Max Colvill. That show took place over the summer at Fort Thomas Coffee, and it was a great success. This time around Laura Petracco is the organizer of the show, and she has a new fresh group of singers. The group wanted to put on another performance this year, and are hoping that the cabaret could turn into an annual show.
Along with the songs, Fort Thomas’ very own Shelly Iker will perform her comedy routine. She is a local comedian who has performed for countless fundraisers in the Tri-State area. Her material should not be missed.
The cost of the event is $15 a person. There will also be a cash bar.
The doors open at 5:30 p.m., a dinner will be available at 6:30 and the show will begin at 7.
Anyone interested in attending are asked to RSVP by contacting Sherri Spaulding at Christ Church. She can be reached at 859-441-2565, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christ Church is located at 15 South Fort Thomas Avenue.
Here is a breakdown of some of the performers, and the song that they will be singing:
- Rachel Zimmerman - The Wizard and I (Wicked)
- Max Colvill - Build A Wall (Shrek the Musical), Mr. Cellophane (Chicago)
- Robert Breslin - I Believe (The Book of Mormon), What Do I Need With Love (Thoroughly Modern Millie), Old Fashioned Wedding [duet w/ Laura Petracco] (Annie Get Your Gun)
- Libbie Sparks - Cain't Say No (Oklahoma)
- Abi Moore - Mama Who Bore Me (Spring Awakening), Always True To You In My Fashion (Kiss Me, Kate)
- Laura Petracco - People Will Say We're In Love [duet w/ Joey Loebker (Oklahoma), Old Fashioned Wedding [duet w/ Robert Breslin] (Annie)