|The CVG Airport board has gone under fire recently for fiscal irresponsibility/CVG|
A recent audit of the CVG Airport board by Kentucky State Auditor Adam Edelen revealed questionable spending on trips, contracts, and hires.
Now, Kenton County Judge/Executive Elect Kris Knochelmann has announced the creation of a task force to develop a recommended CVG Airport board structure. The task force’s work will be reported by the end of the year to the Kenton County Fiscal Court and Northern Kentucky Legislative Caucus.
“The success of CVG directly correlates to the economic vitality of the region, and it’s important that we assess the Auditor’s recommendations to ensure that a structure is in place to support continued growth. This is a tremendous opportunity for the citizens of Kenton County and the greater region to work together on solutions that will build a thriving climate for our airport,” said Knochelmann.
Judge/Executive Elect Knochelmann appointed the following members to the task force:
- Aaron Bludworth, George Fern Exposition and Event Services, President & CEO
- Rich Boehne, The E.W. Scripps Company, Chairman of the Board, President & CEO
- John Cain, Wiseway Supply, President
- Ralph Drees, Former Kenton County Judge/Executive and Retired President/CEO of Drees Homes
- Jim Dressman, DBL Law, Managing Partner
- Frank Kling, FK Holdings, President and CEO
- Representative Adam Koenig, State Representative and Northern Kentucky Legislative Caucus Chair
- Libby Korosec, Castellini Management Company, Vice President
- Mackey McNeill, Mackey Advisors, President and CEO
- Greg Toebbe, Great American Insurance Company, Senior Vice President
- Mark Simendinger, Kentucky Speedway, General Manager
- Mary Zalla, Landor Associates, Global President, Consumer Brands and Managing Director
“The mission of this task force is to assess the Auditor’s recommendations relating to board structure, compare it with best practices at competitive airports nationally, and build the framework for the best CVG possible. It’s my hope that the task force will complete its work before the end of the year so that any legislative action can be accomplished during the 2015 session and not disrupt the current momentum of the airport,” said Knochelmann.
State Representative Adam Koenig has been appointed to the task force to represent the Northern Kentucky Legislative Caucus.
“I am looking forward to serving on behalf of the Northern Kentucky Legislative Caucus. This task force is a tremendous reflection of what makes Northern Kentucky great; a place where we can come to the table to work together on solutions for our community,” said Representative Koenig.
The task force has also received support from State Senator Damon Thayer, the Senate Majority Floor Leader and ranking Senate member of the 2015 NKY Legislative Caucus.
“I’m encouraged to see Northern Kentuckians coming together to determine what is in the best interest of Northern Kentucky,” said Senator Thayer.
To support the work of the task force, Knochelmann has solidified assistance from the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce. The NKY Chamber will be responsible for research and logistical support needed by the task force.
“A natural function of the Chamber is to be a convener of stakeholders to identify solutions to our region’s greatest challenges. We appreciate Judge/Executive Elect Knochelmann’s proactive approach and look forward to supporting the task force’s efforts,” said NKY Chamber President/CEO Trey Grayson.
- From the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce