This family-friendly event will showcase dining, entertainment and shopping venues and specials, along with local artists, musicians and Show and Shine car displays beginning at 11:00 a.m.
A Kids Zone will be at the Newport Intermediate School at the intersection of 4th and Monmouth streets.
There will be live music from a number of bands from 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Bluegrass musicians will be performing in the city parking lot in the 700 block of Monmouth Street while classic rock and pop music will be performed in Phelan Park in the 800 block of Monmouth Street. The concerts will be free and open to the public.
The Bourbon Walk will be from 5:00-10:00 p.m. Over 10 businesses are participating in the walk on and off Monmouth Street. Each location will showcase specialty bourbons at $3 per tasting.
The following businesses will feature the corresponding specialty bourbons:
· Packhouse – 1004 Monmouth - Buffalo Trace
· Barb’z – 941 Monmouth - Old Grand-Dad
· Birks – 912 Monmouth · Jim Beam
· Sis’s – 837 Monmouth - Willett
· JerZees – 708 Monmouth – Bulleit
· The Southgate House Revival – 111 E. 6th - Four Roses
· Mokka – 500 Monmouth - Eagle Rare
· Bart’s – 323 York – Woodford Reserve
· Gangsters – 18 E. 5th – Jim Beam Ghost
· Mansion Hill Tavern – 502 Washington – Basil Hayden’s
· Coaches – 317 E. 6th – Alltech Kentucky Ale
· Pompilios – 600 Washington – Maker’s Mark
There will be a shuttle service provided to each location with a $5 one-time fee. The $5 fee will also get you a $2 coupon for taxi or van ride home.
For additional details about the Bourbon Bluegrass Harvest Fest event visit the event's website here. For additional information call 859-655-6341 or email Bev Holiday at firstname.lastname@example.org.