Wednesday, January 14, 2015
New Board of Education Holds First Meeting, Elects New Officers, Committees, School Year Calendar
The new Fort Thomas Independent Schools Board of Education convened for the first time Monday night, to adopt the 2015-2016 school year calendar, elect officers, and appoint members to various district committees.
Board member Karen Allen maintained her seat at the Board's Chairperson. Member Brad Fennell did the same, and was re-elected to his previous seat as Vice Chair. Superintendent Gene Kirchner will serve as Secretary, while Andrew Remlinger will serve as treasurer.
Board members were also assigned roles on school district committees:
- Curriculum: Allen, Lisa Duckworth
- Athletics: Fennell
- Breakfast: Duckworth
- Budget: Jeff Beach, Allen
- Comprehensive Plan: Duckworth
- Employee Benefits: Duckworth
- Energy: Fennell
- Alumni/FTEF: Allen
- Graduation Requirements: Allen
- LPC: John Weyer
- Salary: Duckworth, Fennell
- Facilities/Construction: Allen, Fennell
- Teacher Scholarships: Beach
- Title IX: Weyer
The Board also set the tenative 2015-16 school year calendar, downloadable here (link will launch a PDF file).
- Staff report