|Johnson Elementary. FTM file.|
#26 Johnson Elementary School Fort Thomas, Kentucky
◦ Perhaps one of the most unique aspects of the Fort Thomas ISD is a state-of-the-art health and fitness facility, built for use by all schools in the district as the centerpiece for their program on health and wellness. While the center will be used for training athletes and act as a laboratory for education in health and physical fitness, it is also open to the community.
◦ Johnson Elementary serves grades K through 5 and has the second highest average of all state-administered assessments for reading (grades 3 to 5), Math (grades 3 to 5), Science and Language Mechanics (grade 4), and Social Studies and Writing (grade 5). It was also named an Exemplary High Performing Blue Ribbon School for 2014 by the Department of Education. There are approximately 414 students at Johnson. Students have music classes and there is a choir that meets on Thursdays after school. Band and orchestra are also offered. Students also have lessons in art and every year student art is selected and displayed in a community art show at the county library. In P.E. students learn dance, fitness, health and wellness, body systems, motor skills, body management skills, and nutrition. Johnson Elementary accepts students from out-of-district; however, there is a tuition fee.
▪ Given a grade of A by LocalSchoolDirectory.com
▪ Given a grade of 95 by City-data.com
▪ Rated 10 out of 10 by Education.com
▪ Given a grade of A by K12.Niche.com
▪ Ranked 6 out of 666 schools with a 5 star rating by Schooldigger.com