|A rendering of the outside plaza/ walk way project at Highlands|
It will be a chance to celebrate the 100th birthday of the Highlands campus and the completion of fundraising and construction on the school. Ten years and nearly $10M ago the FTEF formed a public/private partnership with the FTIS District. The FTEF also raises money for teacher grants and endowment
The goal and vision of the partnership was to transform Highlands High School into a state-of-the-art, 21st century learning facility for students and teachers and the community.
670 families have donated to the foundation, which has gotten them to 90% of their goal.
The Centennial Celebration is our last fundraising effort to help achieve the remaining funding needed to completely finish the construction of the gymnasium, plaza, the community spaces in front of the gymnasium, reconfiguration of the driveway & pedestrian walkway in front of school and the ‘Walk of Fame’ entrance to the Highlands Field.
The Highlands Centennial Celebration may be one of the biggest fundraisers yet, and boasts a chance to win "Bluebird," a 1955 Ford Thunderbird, valued at over $35,000.
|A 1955 Ford Thunderbird has been donated as the main prize for the Education Foundation Centennial Celebration. The car has been valued at $35,000.|
Tickets, per couple, cost $1,000 and automatically enters you in a drawing to win the car or one of eight other prizes, which range to a week in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico to a party bus trip to Keeneland or the bourbon trail.
With just 150 tickets being sold, that means if you purchase a ticket, a couple has a pretty great chance of winning something big.
“As the HHS campus turns 100 this year, I can’t think of a better birthday present than the completion of the Campaign for Highlands fundraising and renovations to the school,” said Amy Shaffer, FTEF Board Member. “The success of this project is a testament to the strong partnership between the FTEF and the district. It shows what can be accomplished when a community comes together to achieve a common goal. We should all be very proud of what we have achieved. Imagine if we continue to build on this success what the next 100 years will hold.”
Shaffer and Kim Halbauer are co-chairs of the event.
COST: $1,000/ couple
Black Tie Optional
Only 150 tickets (300 people) being offered.
Live Music/ Dancing
Cocktails & Dinner
Drawing for prizes following dinner
Ticket buys a 1:150 chance to win:
● 1955 Blue Ford Thunderbird (‘Bluebird’)
● Napa Experience Trip – Two night stay on O’Connell Family Vineyards & Private Wine Tasting. VIP/ Private Wine Tour & Tasting at Silver Oak Winery
● One week stay in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
● One week stay in Pawley’s Island, SC
● One week stay in San Destin, FL
● One week stay in Lake Norris, TN
● One week stay in Pickens, SC
● Airfare to NYC and a complimentary tour of the NY Stock Exchange
● VIP Bus for 12 people (with driver) to either Keeneland or the KY Bourbon Trail
TO BUY TICKETS:
1. Mail Check to: FTEF - PO Box 75090
2. Drop Check off: 28 North Fort Thomas
3. Call Sally Race with credit card information: 859-815-2004
4. Pay online with credit card (Visa/MC/Discover):
5. www.ftef.org (click Donate Now button)