|Orangetheory Fitness opens in the Newport Pavilion on January 8, 2016. FTM file.|
Orangetheory Fitness will be opening January 8, 2016, just in time for your New Year's resolutions. Owners Chase and Stephanie Whitehead said that they are excited to offer their brand of fitness to Northern Kentucky.
|Stephanie and Chase Whitehead. FTM file.|
Chase told FTM that their founding member discounted rates will end after their open date. "We will be having a big VIP party on January 7 for our Founding Members the night before grand opening on," he said.
|This is an advertisement. Dental Blu in Highland Heights, Kentucky. Drs. Ansley Depp and Angela Arlinghaus.|
He also said that they are handing out $2500 in case to one Ultimate Weight Loss Challenge winner.
"To celebrate our grand opening, we are hosting a weight loss challenge, lasting six weeks, with a grand prize of $2,500. The goal is to show the greatest improvement over the course of the contest, measured by percentage of weight loss. The top participant with the highest overall percentage of weight loss walks away with $2,500 in cash!"
FTM was invited to observe an Orangetheory workout. The takeaways:
- You'll hear the words "base," "push," and "all-out" a lot.
- The idea of Orangetheory is this: a 60-minute workout designed to push you into the Orange Zone, which is monitored by heart rates and displayed on screens around the class. It almost feels like a game, where you are competing against yourself.
- During each class, you'll switch between treadmills, indoor rowing and weight room/resistance training blocks.
- Top-of-the-line equipment, upbeat music and a motivational trainer, who is mic'ed up. Screens demonstrate the workout moves as well on the weights and resistance training.
- Almost everything is orange. Literally.
You can find Orangetheory Fitness in the Newport Pavilion, near TJ Maxx and the UPS store. Their number is (859) 838-4555 and you can check out their Facebook page here.
|Treadmills and rowers.|