|Traffic entering the Memorial Parkway bridge on May 23, 2016. The Northbound ramp has been closed. FTM file.|
Here are a list of other construction projects in Campbell County.
· KY 1120 (Memorial Parkway) Bridge over I-471 (1.4 – 1.6 mile-marker) - A bridge restoration project that includes installing a sidewalk will is in progress. Motorists and pedestrians will encounter intermittent lane closures. The I-471 NB on-ramp (Exit 4) is scheduled to be closed from May 23 – June 6. The I-471 exit-ramp (Exit 4) is scheduled to be closed from June 6 – June 20. The full closure of the bridge will be June 20 – August 15. Please note that this schedule can change and is weather dependent. Motorists should plan accordingly by allowing extra travel time or finding an alternate route. The project is expected to be complete mid-August 2016.
7 More Projects Below:
- I-275 WB bridge over I-471 SB – A bridge inspection on the I-275 westbound bridge over I-471 southbound is re-scheduled for Thursday night, May 19th starting at 9 PM through Friday morning, May 20th ending at 5 AM. The ramp from I-471 SB to I-275 EB will be closed during this time frame. A signed detour will be in place directing traffic to I-275 west and take the AA Highway/Wilder - Exit 77 and re-enter I-275 Eastbound. The left lane on I-471 SB at the ramp will also be closed. During this project motorists should watch for a lane closure, crews and equipment.
· KY 2921 (Washington Trace Road) – 0.47 mile-marker – The KY 2921 bridge is closed to through traffic for a bridge replacement over a Branch of Twelve Mile Creek. Barricades and a signed detour will be in place using KY 1566 (Oneonta Road) to KY 8 to KY 2921. The closure is scheduled to last for 60 days.
· US 27 in Highland Heights – A pavement repair project is in progress on US 27. Work will take place from Ripple Creek Road extending north to the intersection with I-471. Beginning Sunday afternoon, May 22nd at 12 PM, the southbound right through lane will be closed between Marshall Lane and Johns Hill Road for pavement repairs to occur. Please note that closures will remain in place during morning rush hours. Two lanes will be open to through traffic during afternoon rush hour periods from 2 PM to 6 PM. This section work will be completed by Wednesday, May 25th, 2016 and all lanes will be re-opened to traffic through the Memorial Day Weekend. Motorists and pedestrians should exercise caution and watch for traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
· Johns Hill Road (KY 2345) Connector to Three Mile Road (KY 2238) – Construction is in progress on a new connector road between Johns Hill Road (KY 2345) and Three Mile Road (KY 2238). This new connector road will be adjacent to the NKU campus. Construction will take place in several phases, which will require various lane closures, lane shifts and detours. Motorists and pedestrians should pay attention to all construction and traffic signage, and be prepared for alternate traffic routes.
· Riverboat Row in Newport – Riverboat Row is closed between the Chart House Restaurant and Joes Crab Shack Restaurant for extensive repairs to the underlying Taylor Creek culvert. Thru traffic will not be permitted on Riverboat Row for vehicles, bicycles or pedestrians. The intersection of Riverboat Row and Dave Cowens Drive (KY 8) will remain open at Riviera Drive; however, traffic will not be able to proceed beyond the entrances to Joes Crab Shack Restaurant and the Comfort Suites Hotel. Access for the Chart House Restaurant will be provided though the Newport “Port of Entry”.
The project requires large equipment and large materials that will occupy the majority of the roadway. The timeline for total completion of the project and the re-opening of Riverboat Row is undetermined at this point.
· KY 9 Expansion - Newport – South Section - Construction is in progress along Lowell Street between 9th Street and KY 9 (12th Street). Drivers should exercise caution and watch for traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
· KY 9 Expansion - Newport – North Section - Construction is in progress on a new alignment between 5th Street and the Taylor Southgate Bridge. The new section of roadway will consist of 2 roundabouts and a new road connecting them. This project is the northern-most phase in a multi-phase plan to reroute the KY 9 corridor from Wilder all the way to the riverfront. 3rd Street in Newport is closed between York Street (US 27) and Columbia Street. Traffic should follow the signed detour South on York Street (US 27) and then turn West onto 4th Street (KY 8) to Columbia Street. Access to Riverboat Row and B.B. Riverboats via Columbia Street flood wall gate will remain open to traffic.