|Memorial Parkway Bridge is now completely closed through mid-August. FTM file.|
· KY 1120 (Memorial Parkway) Bridge over I-471 (1.4 – 1.6 mile-marker) - A bridge restoration project that includes installing a sidewalk will is in progress. The I-471 NB Exit 4 ramp to KY 1120 (Memorial Parkway) will open Sunday evening, June 19th , then the full closure of the KY 1120 (Memorial Parkway) bridge, to motorists and pedestrians will be in place June 19 – August 15. Please note that this schedule can change and is weather dependent. Motorists should plan accordingly by allowing extra travel time or finding an alternate route. The project is expected to be complete mid-August 2016.
The 471 N. ramp is OPEN, but everything else past that is closed.
· KY 2921 (Washington Trace Road) – 0.47 mile-marker – The KY 2921 bridge is closed to through traffic for a bridge replacement over a Branch of Twelve Mile Creek. Barricades and a signed detour will be in place using KY 1566 (Oneonta Road) to KY 8 to KY 2921. The closure is scheduled to last for 60 days.
· US 27 in Highland Heights – A pavement repair project is in progress on US 27. Work will take place from Ripple Creek Road extending north to the intersection with I-471. During daytime hours, half mile lane closures will be in place as the grinding and sealing process begins. Sporadic lanes closures will remain until the project is complete. Motorists and pedestrians should exercise caution and watch for traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
|This is an advertisement.|
· Johns Hill Road (KY 2345) Connector to Three Mile Road (KY 2238) – Construction is in progress on a new connector road between Johns Hill Road (KY 2345) and Three Mile Road (KY 2238). This new connector road will be adjacent to the NKU campus. Construction will take place in several phases, which will require various lane closures, lane shifts and detours. Motorists and pedestrians should pay attention to all construction and traffic signage, and be prepared for alternate traffic routes.
· Riverboat Row in Newport –
Riverboat Row is closed between the Chart House Restaurant and Joes Crab Shack Restaurant for extensive repairs to the underlying Taylor Creek culvert. Thru traffic will not be permitted on Riverboat Row for vehicles, bicycles or pedestrians. The intersection of Riverboat Row and Dave Cowens Drive (KY 8) will remain open at Riviera Drive; however, traffic will not be able to proceed beyond the entrances to Joes Crab Shack Restaurant and the Comfort Suites Hotel. Access for the Chart House Restaurant will be provided though the Newport “Port of Entry”.
Please exercise caution and obey the traffic control devices surrounding the construction area. The project requires large equipment and large materials that will occupy the majority of the roadway. The timeline for total completion of the project and the re-opening of Riverboat Row is undetermined at this point.
· KY 9 Expansion - Newport – South Section - Construction is in progress along Lowell Street between 9th Street and KY 9 (12th Street). Traffic patterns are changed at the 12th Street and Lowell Street/new KY 9 intersection. 12th Street will be completely closed at Lowell Street/KY 9. Motorists should follow the signed detour for KY 9. Drivers should exercise caution and watch for traffic control devices, flaggers, construction personnel and equipment entering and leaving the work zone.
· KY 9 Expansion - Newport – North Section - Construction is in progress on a new alignment between 5th Street and the Taylor Southgate Bridge. The new section of roadway will consist of 2 roundabouts and a new road connecting them. This project is the northern-most phase in a multi-phase plan to reroute the KY 9 corridor from Wilder all the way to the riverfront. 3rd Street in Newport is closed between York Street (US 27) and Columbia Street. Traffic should follow the signed detour South on York Street (US 27) and then turn West onto 4th Street (KY 8) to Columbia Street. Access to Riverboat Row and