|Need a website? Call 859-628-2481 to get started today.|
Violation of these rules set by the Legislature could result being charged with a criminal violation and being subject to a minimum fine of $20 up to a maximum fine $100 plus court costs. Regardless of the potential criminal penalty, pedestrians should strive to be safe while traveling to avoid injury.
Here are some addition tips that may assist pedestrians while traveling:
• Do not assume vehicles will stop;
• Do not rely solely on pedestrian signals;
• Be alert to your surroundings including approaching lights and noises;
• Wear bright/light colored clothing;
• Stay sober;
• Carry a flashlight while walking at night; and
• Do not wear headphones or be talking/texting on phones while walking
I hope this information and tips will help keep all of us safe. If you have any topics you would like to have covered in this column, please contact my office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 491-7700 or by regular mail addressed to 319 York Street, Newport, Kentucky 41071.
By Steve Franzen, Campbell County Attorney