Prior to opening Fort Thomas Drug Center, Craig spent a decade as a pharmacist in a national supermarket chain. At the same time he was moonlighting in an independent pharmacy where he was exposed to a patient-centered approach to pharmacy. This environment allowed him to cater to his customers as individuals rather than what at many times seemed like “assembly line healthcare”.
WHAT MAKES FORT THOMAS DRUG CENTER DIFFERENT?
Craig said it best when he commented:
“We do whatever we can to make customers happy within the constraints of the law”.
- Patient-centered approach
- Providing excellent patient care is number one priority
- Trust between customers and pharmacists
- Pride in getting to know patients
- Short wait time
- In store and on phone
- Same resources as a national chain pharmacy
- Safety quality assurance software
- Drug utilization review
- Low staff turnover
- Continuity of service
- Professional and trusted staff
- Influenza, Pneumonia, and Shingles
INDEPENDENT AND FULL SERVICE RETAIL PHARMACY
While moonlighting at an independent pharmacy, Craig was introduced to a business model that focused on patient needs and trust - a very important element he felt was missing in the national chain industry.
Fort Thomas Drug Center is an independent and full service retail pharmacy located at 26 North Fort Thomas Avenue. Independent pharmacies are able to offer customer focused services not available at national chain pharmacies.
The following are a few of the personalized services that set Fort Thomas Drug Center apart:
- Tailor medication strength, dosage, form and flavor to patient needs
- Ask about specific medicines
- Adherence packaging
- Convenient multi-dose pouch packaging
- Packaging ensures patients understand their medication regimen
- Increases chance patient will take medication
- Decreases medical costs
- Home delivery service
- Unique service for customers unable to pick-up medications
From Fort Thomas Drug Center’s website:
“Compounding is the ability to prepare personalized medication for patients. Many medications come in a tablet form, which is not suitable for all patients. Our pharmacist can take the active ingredients and create a prescription best suited for each patient”.
SERVICES OFFERED AT FORT THOMAS DRUG CENTER
- Prescription Refills
- Call, Request Online, Quick Refill and RefillRx Mobile App
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Manage members prescription needs from Fort Thomas Drug Center’s website
- Patient Resources
- Browse videos and articles, check drug interactions and identify pills
- Personalize your medication
- Pet Compounding
- Make it easier for your pet to take medication
- Medicare Part D Consulting
- Help patients find plan offerings from Medicare
- Flu Vaccine Clinics
- Service to the local community
- Saliva Testing
- Analytical tool to measure and quantify various hormones
- Works in conjunction with your physician to tailor a hormone replacement plan along with supplement recommendations
- Text Notifications
- Automatic Refills
- Medical Supplies
- Unit Dose Packaging
- Supplements and Vitamins
- FrontLine Plus products for pets
- Variety of candy, snacks and drinks
- Greeting cards and gifts
CELEBRATING 10 YEARS
It’s been 10 years of hard work in which every day presents a new challenge and opportunity.
Craig’s number one fan has always been his wife Kristy. She is not only an advocate of Fort Thomas Drug Center but has been her husband’s main support since the pharmacy opened for business. He and Kristy have four beautiful children.
|photo courtesy of Craig Seither|
Craig said that when he reflects back on his life and work, he would “regret an inaction rather than an action”. He is infinitely grateful for all the support his business continues to receive from the Fort Thomas community and looks forward to providing many more years of excellent customer care.
Visit Fort Thomas Drug Center’s website for more information
Contact Fort Thomas Drug Center: (859) 441-1140