Jeff Ruby Culinary Entertainment

Opticare Vision/Express Mobile Transport

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Here's How to Recycle Your Tree in Northern Kentucky

There are two ways to get rid of your Christmas tree now that the big day has passed.

The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources has a solution for people wanting to get rid of their natural Christmas trees after the holidays.

The agency says instead of putting it on the street or just leaving it in the backyard until spring, donate the tree to be used for fish habitat.

Need a website? Call 859-628-2481. 
Fisheries Director Ron Brooks says the agency tries to get numerous trees every year to sink them for the fish.

There are drop-off points across the state. They will take your tree and combine it with others to create fish attractors for lakes all over the state.

"These brush reefs provide nesting and rearing habitat for gamefish as well as creating homes for invertebrates and smaller fishes that provide food for larger fish.  Just clean your tree of all of the artificial decorations, lights, tinsel, ornaments and drop it off at one of our locations," the department said in a release.

The state will accept them until January 15.

The closest drop-off in northern Kentucky is in Grant County's Boltz Lake Boat Ramp, near Florence.
From I-75 Exit 159 take Highway 22 west to Highway 467 north, located off of Mount Zion Road.

In Campbell County, Northern Kentucky University will chip all undecorated trees to use around county and city parks throughout the county. 

Drop-off locations and dates are listed below:

Maintenance Garage, 865 Gilbert Ridge Road December 26th through January 8th 859.635.4125

Fort Thomas
Place curbside December 27th, January 3rd or January 10th
Or deliver to Tower Park parking lot adjacent to the VA Hospital 859.441.1055

Highland Heights
City Building, 176 John’s Hill Road December 26th through January 8th 859.441.8575

Across from Public Works, 1020 East 9th Street December 26th through January 15th 859.292.3686

Place curbside or deliver to 260 West Walnut December 26th through January 5th 859.441.0075

Public Works, 114 Center Street December 26th through January 8th 859.581.8884

Unincorporated Campbell County
Pendery Park, 4051 Mary Ingles Hwy December 26th through January 8th 859.547.1866

No comments:

Post a Comment