|Kari Capek Conrath and husband Ian (photo: provided)|
Kari Capek Conrath understands the anxiety and worry that come with leaving your beloved family pet in the hands of strangers. She founded Dogs to Frogs after her dog experienced an extremely stressful two weeks in a kennel which left him thin and listless. Kari, a lifelong animal welfare advocate, turned the upsetting experience into a successful, full service, home based pet sitting service. Dogs to Frogs consistently receives glowing reviews for the care, attentiveness and love shown to the animals in her care.
DOGS LIVE FOR FRIDAY
Every dog in town is going to be talking about Kari and her new service - Dog Park Fridays. For $10 your dog can have a fantastic afternoon of running, playing and getting all that energy out so everyone is ready to start the weekend on a happy note.
How Dog Park Fridays work:
- Set up a free "meet and greet" to determine if Dog Park Fridays is a good fit for your dog. The Dogs to Frogs approach puts your pet first and you can rest assured the team is respectful and attentive to the unique personalities and body language of your dog.
- Kari will come to your house, pick up your dog and provide them with one hour of socialization and intense, energetic play at a local dog park. She will bring them home and make sure they are all settled in before she leaves.
|Lennox, Ramona and Cory (photo: provided)|
BENEFITS THE WHOLE FAMILY
The benefits for you and your dog are many. Depending on factors such as breed and build, dogs need an average of 30 minutes to two hours of active play per day. "Active" meaning engaged in an activity - mentally and physically. Spending long hours alone and confined is often miserable and can lead to behavioral and health problems.
According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), problems that result from inactivity include:
- Destructive chewing, digging or scratching
- Investigative behaviors, like garbage raiding
- Hyperactivity, excitability and night-time activity
- Unruliness, knocking over furniture and jumping up on people
- Excessive predatory and social play
- Play biting and rough play
- Attention-getting behaviors like barking and whining
- Digestive problems
- Restlessness rather than sleepiness
Add Dog Park Fridays to your dog's weekly routine and come home to a happier, healthier companion who is ready to relax with you at the start of the weekend.
You asked and Kari delivered! In addition to Dog Park Fridays, Dogs to Frogs will soon be offering lunch time walks - a highly requested service whose benefits include complete and utter joy for your dog. A mid-day walk provides opportunities for exploration, and heart healthy exercise leading to overall improved behavior.
|Kari Capek Conrath (photo: provided)|
FULL SERVICE - HOME BASED PET SITTINGGoing on vacation this spring break or summer? If you have a pet - any pet - that will be left at home and would benefit from daily walks, some cuddling, medication or enrichment, look no further than Dogs to Frogs. Kari and her team are amazing.
Call Dogs to Frogs: 859-429-2PET (2738)