|Screengrab from Robert Poole's YouTube channel.|
Robert L. Poole, of Burlington, was indicted Nov. 15 on 15 counts:
· two counts of human trafficking of a minor for commercial sexual activity, Class B felonies;
· one count of unlawful transaction with a minor under 16 for illegal sexual activity, Class B felony;
· two counts of unlawful transaction with a minor under 18 for illegal sexual activity, Class C felonies;
· three counts of human trafficking of an adult for commercial sexual activity, Class C felonies;
· five counts of complicity to human trafficking of an adult for commercial sexual activity, Class C felonies;
· one count of third-degree Rape, a Class D felony, and
· one count of bribing a witness, a Class D felony.
The investigation into Poole, an Erlanger attorney, began after the Campbell County Police Department referred information to the Erlanger Police Department following the 20-year sentencing of former Campbell County District Judge Timothy Nolan.
Nolan, 71, was sentenced in May 2018. Prosecutors from Beshear’s Special Prosecutions Division accepted a guilty plea from Nolan Feb. 9 on 21 counts, including human trafficking of adults, promoting human trafficking of minors and unlawful transaction with minors, against 19 victims.
As part of his plea agreement, Nolan paid $110,000 in asset forfeiture and to the Human Trafficking Victims Fund – within the executive branch’s Justice and Public Safety Cabinet – which was established in 2013.
Poole is scheduled for arraignment at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 26 in Kenton Circuit Court.