Jeff Ruby Culinary Entertainment

Opticare Vision/Express Mobile Transport

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Fort Thomas man assaulted, kidnapped, robbed while leaving job on Gilbert Ave.

A Cincinnati man was charged with kidnapping, aggravated robbery, felonious assault and theft after police say a Fort Thomas man fought for his life.

Jonathan Ramsey was arraigned yesterday after court records indicate he struck Fort Thomas resident, Eric Specht, with a wooden object outside of his workplace at 9:30 p.m. on Gilbert Avenue on June 5. Specht and his wife Holly are two of the founders of Northern Kentucky Hates Heroin.

Jonathan Ramsey.
Specht told Fox 19's Alison Montoya that he was caught off guard.

“He just peeled out from behind the car, arm raised, no ‘Hi how are you doing’ or anything like that,” said Specht. “It was wham, wham, wham -- just whaling on me.”

Barre3 Ft. Thomas. Located at 90 Alexandria Pike in Fort Thomas Plaza. 
According to police documents, Ramsey made Specht get into the passenger seat of his Ford Explorer and under threat of a knife, drove off with Specht. They traveled over the Brent Spence Bridge into Kentucky as they battled and fought while Ramsey was driving.

As they approached a construction zone, Specht saw flashing police lights and decided to grab at the wheel to get the officer's attention.

"I thought, well, this is the best opportunity I’m going to have with beautiful blue lights flashing,” Specht told Montoya. He said he remembered saying things like, “I don’t want to hurt you, but I’ll cut your throat, I’ll stick you, I’ll cut your throat."

They eventually crashed in Covington as they exited off of 12th Street, when they hit another vehicle. Ramsey made off with Specht's wallet and phone, but police were able to pull fingerprints from the vehicle. Specht's employer, for which he has worked for 29 years, also had surveillance video that pointed to Ramsey.

After a nationwide warrant was issued, he was arrested and charged. He is now being held on $780,000 bond.

Specht's wife, Holly, took to Facebook a few days after the incident.

"The emotional toll on him and myself will last a very long time. Eric’s life was repeatedly threatened, as he was being beaten, however by actions that Eric chose to take, possibly saved his life," she wrote. "Please be careful out there. Don’t live in fear, we don’t and won’t. But check out your surroundings. Be watchful."

No comments:

Post a Comment