|Phone: 859-905-0714 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an advertisement.|
Lt. Will Hunt confirmed to Fort Thomas Matters that the details of the release were accurate and added that the arrest was made by U.S. Marshals, and assisted in the capture by Georgia Department of Corrections Fugitive Unit, the Immigration Control and Enforcement (ICE) and some members of the Northern Kentucky Regional SWAT team.
Hunt said that marshals were able to track him to a four-family apartment building in south Fort Thomas where his brother lived. Both men were then taken into custody there.
They are currently being held at the Campbell County Detention Center.
|Merk & Gile Injury Attorney. 526 York Street, Newport. Free consultation 513-713-0862.|
Munoz-Mendez, 31, had been missing since Friday morning, when he was released “in error” from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville, Ga., about 65 miles west of Savannah, said corrections officials.
According to online corrections records, Mr. Munoz-Mendez was sentenced to life in prison for rapes that occurred in 2010 and 2012, as well as aggravated child molestation in 2010.
According to reporting by the NY Times, John Warr, the Gwinnett County prosecutor who handled the case, said earlier this week that Mr. Munoz-Mendez had begun molesting the 7-year-old daughter of his girlfriend, culminating in rape several years later.