|Campbell Co. adds vehicles to its emergency response fleet.|
Campbell County is celebrating some new additions to its emergency response team. Using funds awarded to the county by the Department of Homeland Security, the Office of Emergency Management (OEM) added a shelter operations truck and a trailer to its fleet.
The OEM is the agency of county government that is primarily responsible for the following;
- The planning and execution of disaster and emergency mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery for Campbell County.
- The coordination of disaster and emergency response by and between county agencies and political subdivisions.
- Coordination and liaison with related agencies of the state and federal government.
- Coordination of recovery operations subsequent to disaster and emergencies.
- Coordination of hazard mitigation planning activities.
The OEM is also responsible for the disaster and emergency response plans for Campbell County. The plan is integrated and coordinated with the disaster and emergency response plans of Kentucky and the federal government.
The new shelter operations trailer houses supplies needed to open and operate an emergency shelter. There are cots, blankets, baby playpens, hygiene kits, walkers and wheelchairs inside.
Each vehicle in the fleet has a specific purpose. To learn more about each vehicle and what each one is designed for, click here.
To learn more about what the OEM does, click here.