Jeff Ruby Culinary Entertainment

Opticare Vision/Express Mobile Transport

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Campbell County Clerk and Fiscal Court Announce Closures, Modified Services in Response To Coronavirus

The Campbell County Fiscal Court is modifying services in order to minimize public contact.

The following is a statement from Campbell County Fiscal Court and the Campbell County Clerk. It outlines what you need to do in regards to the following;

- Renewing Car Tags
- Real Estate Department, Marriage Licenses, Delinquent Taxes
- Elections and Voter Registration
-Modified services, closures from Campbell County Fiscal Court


As the CDC and other health organizations caution the public over gathering in public spaces,
the Campbell County Clerk's Office in Newport and Alexandria will close to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17 and remain closed until further notice. Our core staff will continue to support mail, online transfers, and to prepare and conduct the May 19 th Primary Election. We are encouraging customers to use the following options instead of visiting the office;


Use the online renewal at You will need your title number (it will be on your old registration), license plate number, and a credit card to process this payment.

If you are paying by check or cash, please mail- in your renewal to:

Campbell County Clerk
1098 Monmouth Street
Newport, KY 41071

Mail-in renewals should include the prior year registration receipt, proof of insurance, and

Call 1-877-885-3017. You will need a credit card to process this payment

Individual vehicle transfers will be suspended until further notice. Individuals that have purchased a vehicle from out of state will need to retain their documents until we can reopen. Individuals selling a Kentucky-titled vehicle to another person will also have to wait until we reopen to complete the transaction.

For new placards or renewal of placards, you must process these by


Record Room: 
The record room at the Newport and Alexandria locations will be closed so to access records you can go to for records from 1995 forward.

Notary Licenses:
Notary oath and bonding are suspended until further notice. Marriage Licenses: Marriage license applications are currently being suspended. Please check the website for any changes. Please contact our office at (859) 292-3885.

Copies of Marriage License: 
If you need a copy or certified copy of a marriage license, please send your request to the address listed above. If you need a certified copy then please include a $5.00 check or money order to process this request. You can also request a certified copy over the phone.

Permanent Records, Real Estate: 
Document recording may be submitted by mail at the address above.

Delinquent Taxes: 
Customers who need to pay any tax bill that is owed prior to 2019 can call
859-292-3845 to obtain a payoff figure and submit a check by mail to the above address.

If you need to update your voter registration, you may do so online at You can also download a voter registration card from the Secretary of State's website at or on the clerk's website. If you need to contact the Voter Registration office please call 859-292-3885.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

- Jim Luersen, Campbell County Clerk


In the interest of public health and safety, the Campbell County Fiscal Court has modified our service delivery in order to minimize public contact while still performing essential operations.

The health and safety of the Campbell County public and employees is our top priority. Therefore, the Fiscal Court has taken steps to eliminate public interaction while still providing essential services to our residents and businesses. These decisions were not made lightly, but are in the best interest of public health. The following service modifications are in place:

AJ Jolly Golf Course: 
Closed until further notice.

Animal Shelter: 
The Animal Shelter is closed to the public until further notice. Staff will be on-call for emergency situations only. The Shelter will not be accepting owner relinquished animals during this time
and will be doing re-claims and adoptions by appointment only. An employee will be coming in each day to clean, feed and exercise the animals; however, they will not open the door for anyone without a previously scheduled appointment. Bite Quarantines should be done at home with the owner, unless the animal is a stray and an owner is unable to be located. Dispatch and Police Departments should refer emergency calls to the after-hours phone (859) 743-4157.

An emergency is defined as: A police involved situation (criminal activity); An animal(s) confiscated from an owner when animal caused a public safety threat; An injured animal; A bite case involving an animal at large (owner unknown).

Beginning March 23, 2020 AJ Jolly Park, Morscher Park, and Pendery Park are open to the public for passive recreation at no charge. All camping & shelter reservations are suspended until further notice, and there are no bicycle or watercraft rentals. Bathhouses will remain closed, however portable facilities are available. Residents are encouraged to practice social distancing while enjoying the parks. Sports Leagues will make their own decisions regarding practices and games, please contact them directly with scheduling questions.

Police Department: 
In an effort to reduce the risk to our officers and the community, officers may be utilizing the phone to call back citizens on non-emergency calls for service. Our officers will continue to respond if needed due to the nature of the call, or if the caller would rather not give the information over the phone. Contact the Dispatch Center at 859-292-3622 for non-emergency calls or 911 for emergencies.

Senior Center: 
Closed until further notice.

Public Services Provided at the Administration Building in Newport
Housing Assistance: 
On site appointments will cease until further notice, except for specifically approved unique individual circumstances. Housing Assistance is still available via phone, fax, mail or other electronic
means. Please contact your assigned Housing Specialist at 859-261-5200 or visit for more information.

Occupational Tax: 
The office is closed to the public until further notice. Returns and applications should be completed and mailed according to the instructions on each individual form. If you need assistance completing a return, please call our office at 859-292-3884 and we will be happy to assist over the phone. We ask that you please have a copy of your Federal Return and a copy of our Campbell County Return in front of you before calling. In person assistance, return filing, or payment is not available.

Planning & Zoning: 
The office is closed to the public until further notice. Department staff will be working during the closure and can be best reached by emailing Please submit items digitally to this email whenever possible. The Department may be reached by phone at 859-292-3880, however response times may be delayed. All public meetings have been postponed until further

The Campbell County Clerk, PVA and Sheriff are separately elected officials and are responsible
for their own office operations. Please contact their offices directly for questions about service

Please continue to visit for the most up to date service delivery
information. If you need immediate assistance during normal business hours, please call

We appreciate your flexibility, patience and understanding during this time and we will
continue our goal of providing quality service in the most effective manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment