|Newport City Building at 10th and Monmouth closing to public starting on Mar. 17.|
The following statement is from City Manager Tom Fromme;
Effective March 17, 2020, and until further notice, the City Building at 10th and Monmouth shall be closed to the general public. Drop boxes for payments or permit applications will be available on the first floor at both main entrances, (glass doors at front and rear).
The following provisions shall be in effect:
- City staff will be accepting Building, Zoning and Historic Preservation permit applications by email, fax, regular mail or drop box. Please call 859-292-3637 or email Allyson Schaefer or Joy Rovno or 859-292-3687 with any questions.
- The Finance Department staff will be available via email or by phone at 859-292-3660 for issues concerning property tax, payroll tax, business tax or any finance matters.
- All public meetings/hearings before the Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, Historic Preservation Commission and Code Enforcement Board shall be postponed until further notice.
- As conditions change, alterations may be made to City operations without prior notice. Any changes will be distributed through www.newportky.gov; our Newport Facebook page (CityofNewportKY); the neighborhood list serves; and, posted at the City Building.
- Acceptance of Passport Applications has been suspended until further notice. Please check the US Dept of State website for locations to apply and call ahead to confirm they are open.
- These procedures are being instituted to assure that critical city services will continue without interruption. We believe that this public health emergency will be brought under control much sooner if the advice of public health officials is being followed by residents and businesses.
- Our emergency services will continue to operate during this period. Some reports may be taken by the Police Department by phone.
Thomas J. Fromme, City Manager
Rumpke's schedule will remain the same. Visit the website for more information.
Additional Updates on Businesses:
Many Newport businesses are adjusting their hours, offering limited services, etc. to comply with efforts to keep our Northern Kentucky area safe and healthy. Please visit the websites and facebook pages of our businesses for up-to-date procedures. We need our brick and mortar businesses. Your continued support is GREATLY appreciated! - Bev Holiday, Community Liaison Coordinator