|As work on the Alexander Circle homes progresses toward completion, first occupants are set to move in during June.|
By Robin Gee
Fort Thomas residents can prepare to welcome new neighbors at the Alexander Circle project as early as this June. City Administrator Ron Dill performed the inspections on the first two units this week, and they are scheduled to close this month with occupancy in June.
The developers are battling the weather as they continue to prepare the way for the first residents. Activity on the site includes sodding, driveway installations, adding street lights, general cleanup of the site and finishing up grading on some of the properties.
Resurfacing of parking areas and streets that are part of the project will be ongoing over the next few weeks as well, weather permitting.
To borrow a phrase, "We’ve come a long way, baby!" Here’s a look back on the work that went into turning an aging diamond-in-the-rough eyesore into a crown jewel in the heart of Fort Thomas.
A timeline outlines slow but steady progress
- October 2016: Details on Fort Thomas' Deal to Acquire the VA Homes
- May 2017: VA Homes Developer Shows Preliminary Plans for Historic Homes
- June 2017: VA Homes Project Passes First Big Hurdle
- June 2018: Take a Peek Inside the VA Homes at Alexander Circle
- July 2018: Work Set to Begin at Alexander Circle
- November 2018: PHOTOS: See Inside the Four Available Alexander Circle Homes
- July 2019: Fort Thomas Home Walking Tour: Part V
|Historic photo of the "turret house." Construction on the homes to house top military personnel first begin in the late 1880s.|
|The "VA Homes" as they became known, abandoned but still held by the U.S. Army stood empty for decades.|
|Despite deteriorating conditions, the interiors revealed beautiful details and appointments in the historic Fort Thomas homes.|
|Fifteen years of work and negotiation finally paid off in 2016. Here work is underway at one of the Alexander Circle homes.|