|The Campbell County Fire Department honors two firefighters in Campbell County in addition to four others from NKY.|
(Img: Central Campbell County Fire District Facebook)
By Jessie Eden
The Northern Kentucky Firefighter's Association organized a special event on Monday night to honor six Northern Kentucky firefighters who lost their lives during the Covid-19 pandemic. As a result of the stay-at-home order and social distancing guidelines, there were many traditions that could not be completed in order to properly honor those lost.
|The Falmouth Fire Department comes together to honor those lost during the Covid-19 pandemic.|
(Img: Falmouth Fire Dept. Facebook)
As a result, the Northern Kentucky Firefighter's Association Facebook page was filled with submissions from many of the NKY departments paying their respects. Participating departments included Independence, Petersburg, Erlanger, Falmouth, Northern Pendleton, Dry Ridge, Central Campbell County, Edgewood, Burlington, Florence and Crescent Springs.
Burlington Fire Department honors fallen Sgt. Andy Kuchar who passed on April 16.
Two firefighters worked in Campbell County. The full list of those honored is below;
• Frank Hitzfield, Petersburg Fire Protection District, March 16, 2020
• Art Woeste, former Assistant Chief, Alexandria Fire Department, March 31, 2020
• Terry Allen, Retired Chief, Erlanger Fire/EMS, April 5, 2020
• Ernie Lombardo, Retired Captain, Newport Fire Department, April 8, 2020
• Michael R. Freiermuth, EMT Instructor, Grant County FD & Erlanger FD, April 14, 2020
• Andy Kuchar, Sergeant, Burlington Fire Protection District, April 16, 2020.