WEDNESDAY 5/6/20 - UPDATE from Governor Andy Beshear:
The highest number of positive cases were reported yesterday.
"Our numbers are more stabilized," said Gov. Beshear.
> NEW CASES: 159 new cases. (625 new cases yesterday, 309 of those are from Green River Correctional Facility. (Total number in Ky: 5,934)
- 4 in Campbell Co.
- 15 in Kenton Co. (#3 most)
- 5 in Boone Co.
- 1 in Grant Co.
2 new deaths in NKY:
- Kenton (99/F, 85/F).
- Over 78,603 tests completed to date in Kentucky, up 17,000+ from yesterday.
- Total patients who have been hospitalized: 1,616
- Total Patients Currently in Hospital: 351
- Total Patients admitted to ICU: 693
- Still Currently in ICU: 190, 189 yesterday
- Recovered Patients: 2,125
>DEATHS: 8 (Total Death Toll: 283).
Health Care Phase 2 Reopening that started today:
- Gov. Beshear reiterates that he hopes to have guidance for re-openings of retail, state/city/local governments and houses of worship finalized by the end of this week or beginning of next week at the latest.
- Gov. Beshear speaking about June primary, which will allow anyone to vote by absentee. State online portal to request one not quite ready yet.
If you're not registered to vote you can do so online at http://elect.ky.gov. The deadline to register is May 26. National Guard members across the state work as poll workers.
- Gov. Beshear says the state issued a new travel ban today to alleviate concerns from a court that said Kentucky's should be more like Ohio's.
"We issued one today that's exactly like Ohio's, because that's the one the courts said was okay," said Beshear.
- Hope to have Phase II reopening plan this week, which will likely be in June.
- Specific guidance for businesses able to safely open on Monday has been posted to http://healthyatwork.ky.gov.
May 11: Manufacturing & Distribution, Construction, Vehicle or Boat Dealership, Office-based businesses (50%), Horse-racing (no fans), pet grooming/boarding, photography.
May 20: retail, house of worship.
May 25: 10 person social gatherings, barbers, salons, cosmetology businesses and similar services.
Commissioner of the Kentucky Department for Public Health
Businesses having trouble finding the supplies they need to reopen:
To purchase masks: http://KyChamber.com/maskorderform
To purchase hand sanitizer: http://KyHandSanitizer.com