|Campbell County Attorney Steven Frazen releases information about services at the Campbell County Courts and related offices. (Img: Campbell County Attorney website)|
The following information was provided by Steven J. Franzen, Campbell County Attorney
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the way services are being provided by our office and the local
courts have changed.
Below is the current status and contact information for each of the County Attorney’s Offices:
- Criminal Division – located at the Campbell County Courthouse, 330 York Street, 3rd Floor, Newport, KY, 41071
Open to public Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Civil Division – located at 319 York Street, Newport, KY, 41071
Open to public Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
- Child Support Division – located at 601 Washington Avenue, Suite 290, Newport, KY, 41071
Open but meeting with public by appointment only.
Although our offices are open and have been, at least on an emergency basis from the onset of the pandemic, it is still highly encouraged and recommended that if possible, you call or email the respective offices instead of visiting in person.
Our local courthouse is also open at this time but pursuant to Kentucky Supreme Court Order 2020 39 several restrictions on the types of cases that can currently proceed and precautions for court appearances.
|OrangeTheory fitness, Newport Pavilion|
Below is what you can expect when you arrive at our local courthouse:
-Entrance limited to individuals with a scheduled court hearing and those filing emergency protective orders, interpersonal protective orders, and emergency custody orders.
-Only case parties and witnesses allowed entry.
-Mask or similar face covering required at all times within courthouse.
- Purses and similarly enclosed bags not permitted unless medically necessary. Any items necessary should be carried by hand or in an open container that can easily be inspected.
- In courtrooms and other areas, there is blue tape on the floor, pews and chairs designating where to stand and keeping at least six (6) feet away from others.
- Line for entry begins outside of building through handicap ramps.
I hope this information is interesting and helpful. If you have any topics you would like to have covered in this column, please contact my office by;
- e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone at 491-7700
- by regular mail addressed to 319 York Street, Newport, Kentucky 41071.