WEDNESDAY 6/3/20 - SUMMARY UPDATE from Governor Andy Beshear:
Gov. Andy Beshear announces that a nine-month-old child from Hopkins County has died.
"The lead cause of death is not COVID-19, but it is a contributing factor," said Gov. Beshear.
Further clarifying that report, Dr. Steven Stack, Commissioner for Public Health said, “Ordinarily the cause of death would otherwise be considered to be SIDS, but the child did test positive for COVID-19."
"It is possible that COVID was direct cause, but also possible that it wasn’t. I try to be even-handed and not sensational about this and for children, they overwhelmingly do just fine, but this is something that parents should know about,” said Dr. Stack.
> NEW CASES: 265 new cases. (Total number in Ky: 10,410).
Boone Co. - 30
Kenton Co. - 27
Campbell Co. - 6
Grant Co. - 4
"This is not a cause for alarm, but a reminder that this virus is still out there and spreading," said Gov. Beshear.
"Despite the higher number of new cases, the data does not show we’re in an uptick. At worst it’s a plateau, but it still could be a decline. Remember, though, there is a two- to three-week time delay," said Dr. Stack.
- Total patients who have been hospitalized: 2,317.
- Total Patients Currently in Hospital: 488.
- Total Patients admitted to ICU: 950.
- Still Currently in ICU: 68.
- Recovered Patients: 3,283.
Total Death Toll: 450 (253 residents/staff of long-term care facilities).
Notes on reopening schedule:
- May 11: Manufacturing & Distribution, Construction, Vehicle or Boat Dealership, Office-based businesses (50%), Horse-racing (no fans), pet grooming/boarding, photography.
- May 20: retail, house of worship.
- May 22: restaurants (33% occupancy, outside dining), 10 person social gatherings
- May 25: barbers, salons, cosmetology businesses and similar services.
- June 1: movie theaters, fitness centers, aquatic centers, auctions
- June 8: Some childcare, museums, outdoor attractions, aquariums, libraries, distilleries, horse shows
- June 11: campgrounds, public & private
- June 15: the rest of childcare, youth sports (low contact, outside)
- June 28: groups of 50 or less and bars