Today Governor Andy Beshear announced actions that he is taking to help mitigate the spread of Covid-19, including a mandate to cease in-person instruction at public and private schools beginning on November 23.
He said that middle and high school will remain remote instruction until January 4, 2021.
He said that elementary schools may reopen on December 7 if their county is not in the red zone and the school follows all healthy at school guidance.
Additional steps being taken to limit spread of Covid-19 will go into effect November 20 at 5:00 p.m. to Sunday December 13 at 11:59 p.m.
1) Limiting private gatherings - limited to your current household and one other household, not to exceed 8 people.
2) Limited attendance limited to 25 total participants.
3) Bars and restaurants closed to indoor dining. $40 million fund launched to assist this industry. Entities that qualify will receive $10,000 grant to use for various costs.
"This is not, and there will not be a shutdown. Our economy is open," said Governor Beshear.
- Gyms, Fitness Centers, Pools: must maintain 6-feet apart, 33% occupancy, masks required
- Professional services and business offices should allow employees to work from home.
There will be no changes to:
Retail (but must enforce mask mandate)
Daily case numbers
As of 4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 18, Gov. Beshear reported the following COVID-19 numbers:
New cases today: 2,753 (4th highest)
New deaths today: 15
Positivity rate: 9.13%
Total deaths: 1,712
Currently hospitalized: 1,553
Currently in ICU: 359
Currently on ventilator: 179
Boone - 99
Kenton - 94
Campbell - 70
Grant - 20
Pendleton - 14
This story will be updated.