Jeff Ruby Culinary Entertainment

Opticare Vision/Express Mobile Transport

Monday, December 7, 2020

Southgate house fire sends one to hospital, multiple units respond

Harvard Place, Southgate, Kentucky, 12-6-20. IMG: reader submitted. 

A house fire in the 100 block of Harvard Place in Southgate erupted just before 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, displacing two residents, hospitalizing one and causing extensive damage to the home. 

14 N. Grand Avenue. 

The resident was taken to University Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation and a head injury. 

The Southgate Volunteer Fire Department was first on the scene. They reported that the resident was trapped inside the home and rescued by a neighbor with the help of the department. 

They also reported that the resident's dog passed away in the blaze. 

Fort Thomas, Wilder and Newport Fire Departments helped on the run with mutual aid. 

The cause of fire was not disclosed. 

Neighbors have begun collecting clothing and additional support for the residents that were displaced. 

This article will be updated when that information is available. 


No comments:

Post a Comment