|Newport businesses are eligible for a grant through the city's financial assistance program. One example of a local Newport business is Ebert's Meat Market at 939 Monmouth St. |
The City of Newport’s COVID 19 Financial Assistance Program was created in November 2020 in response to impacts during the COVID-19 crisis and the mandated closures. The deadline for the City of Newport Financial Assistance Program for COVID-19 has been extended.
|Merk & Gile Injury Attorney. 526 York Street, Newport. Free consultation 513-713-0862|
INCENTIVE: Eligible businesses may receive $2000 to use for mitigating the impacts of COVID-19. This funding will come in the form of a Grant that shall not be repaid.
1) Eligible businesses include restaurants, bars, gyms and fitness centers that have been impacted by mandated closures due to COVID-19.
2) Restaurants and bars with drive through services, that have delivery only based services, or provide walk up service only are not eligible. Recipient restaurant and bar businesses must have indoor seating.
3) Retail and entertainment businesses who have not previously received City funds may also be eligible, depending on available funding.
4) No publicly traded businesses are eligible.
5) Recipient business must have been open with a valid occupational license and certificate of occupancy prior to March 30, 2020.
6) Recipient businesses must have a valid City of Newport Occupational License and be up to date on all applicable taxes, licenses, and fees.
A copy of the application and processing information, is available on the city’s website.